Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Afridi-Says No to Test cricket till 2011 WC!

Hi friends,

Gud evening.. I have a Hot news in Cricket for you! Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi today said he would want to prepare himself for the 2011 World Cup by skipping Test cricket.

"There was a time when I was very keen to play Test matches but unfortunately I didn`t get enough opportunities then. But now there is so much international cricket being played that I want to focus on T20 and ODIs until the World Cup is over," Afridi said.

"The heavy international schedule also means it is better if I take a break now so that I am focused and prepared for the World Cup. I want to also see the team doing well in T20 and ODI matches," he added. Test cricket is played at a fast pace and we are getting more results which is good for the sport and brings in more crowds," he said.

"I believe all three forms of the sport can co-exist without threatening each other but the only thing is that a proper balance must be struck between the three in the international calendar," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment